If you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes:
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 GB RAM (32-bit) / 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
Hard disk space
- 16 GB available disk space (32-bit) / 20 GB (64-bit); for the download version, an additional 3 GB is required
- Music and sound require audio output
- DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM 1.0 or later driver
Additional system requirements
- Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require advanced or additional hardware.
- Depending on resolution, video playback may require additional memory and advanced graphics hardware.
Some consumers have had issues when purchasing a new operating system for their PC because they end up buying a 64-bit version and their machine has a 32-bit system. These problems can be alleviated by installing Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 32/64 bit. This operating system software from West Coast Pals is applicable to both systems and as genuine software from Microsoft, it is guaranteed to install, activate and work successfully on your computer. This operating system has a modern design style over its predecessors, including a new look task bar and the Snap window management system.
Windows 7 also introduced Internet Explorer 8 and Windows Media Player 12 to the market. The Professional version of this software includes networking and security features for use by larger businesses including an encrypting file system and the ability for users to join a workgroup known as Windows Domain and was designed for use by medium and large businesses, but this operating system can also be installed on home computers.